The Office of Institutional Diversity and Inclusion; Race, Ethnic and Indigenous Studies; and the Center for Teaching and Learning will host the Diverse Curricular Showcase on Tuesday, Oct. 26, from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. in the AMU, 157.
Join grant-winning faculty members who have infused equity, inclusion, cultural responsiveness and community engagement into their classes to learn more about what they have to offer.
The program will begin with faculty “lightning talks” followed by an opportunity for Q&A and networking with the panelists. The event also features giveaways and light refreshments.
Faculty presentations include:
- Dr. Ayleen Cabas-Mijares, assistant professor for journalism and media studies
- “Social Justice Reporting Seminar”
- Dr. Kimberly D’Anna Hernandez, associate professor of psychology
- “Health Disparities: A Biopsychological Perspective”
- Dr. Ed de St. Aubin, associate professor and assistant chair of psychology
- “Field Experience in Psychology”
- Dr. Astrida Kaugars, associate professor of psychology
- “Psychology of Gender and Health”
- Dr. Chris Simenz, clinical professor and practicum coordinator for exercise science
- “Understanding and Promoting Equity via the Social Determinants of Health”
Contact Jacki Black, director of Hispanic initiatives and diversity and inclusion educational programming, for more information.