I hope you are all gearing up to start the fall semester. I can hardly believe we are about one week away!
Last week I wrote to you about an online training we are asking all students to complete by this Wednesday.
Due to necessary changes to the learning, living and working environments, we ask that ALL students – undergraduate, graduate and professional – complete the Marquette University COVID-19 Education course online through a platform called “Safe Colleges.”
Part of a comprehensive COVID-19 education plan, this course is required for all students, regardless of instruction method — virtual, hybrid or in-person. The seven-module course will provide you with information to empower you to make well-informed decisions about life on campus, off campus and in the greater community.
The course opened last Monday and closes this Wednesday, Aug. 19. If you haven’t already done so, please log in here as soon as possible to complete the training.
If you are a new undergraduate, first-year or transfer student, you will also be required to complete additional health and safety courses on alcohol and other drugs and sexual violence prevention. These courses will be assigned through the Safe Colleges platform, as well.
I also encourage you to review the university’s dedicated COVID-19 website for the most up-to-date information regarding campus safety, policies and procedures. On the student resources page, you will find a checklist to prepare for fall 2020.
Please review this checklist for the following COVID-19 educational tasks you are expected to complete:
- We’re asking all students to:
- Stay home as much as possible until you arrive on campus. Avoid interactions with others outside of your households as much as possible. In particular, avoid crowds or gatherings of any kind.
- Wear a mask when outside of your immediate household.
- Monitor yourself for symptoms and check your temperature twice per day now until you arrive on campus.
- Seek medical care and possible testing for COVID-19 if you develop symptoms including fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, body aches, fatigue, loss of sense of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.
- All students will receive a Welcome Pack that includes a mask, hand sanitizer and thermometer. Recognizing how frequently these will be used, we encourage you to bring additional masks or facial coverings and hand sanitizer. All community members will be asked to complete a wellness self-check daily to limit the spread of COVID-19.
- We ask all members of the Marquette community members to review our Community Pledge — these are the standards we ask our community to uphold during this unprecedented time.
Please refer to the above checklist and the COVID website for the most up-to-date information.
You are the difference. Wear a mask. Wash your hands. Keep physical distance. Help stop the spread. We Are Marquette.
Dr. Xavier Cole
Vice President for Student Affairs
Safe Colleges log-in instructions
- Using your web browser, go to: marquettestudents.wi.safecolleges.com
- To access your assigned training, you will utilize your CheckMarq credentials. Log-in using your Marquette email and password.
- Your assigned course or courses will be listed on your personal Safe Colleges “My Assignments” page under “Mandatory Training.”
- Select any course by simply clicking the name of the course. The courses have audio, so turn up your speakers if you wish to hear the narration. Complete all the training scenarios and the assessment to receive completion credit for the course. You will have the option to print out a Certificate of Completion once you successfully complete the course.