Tickets for those who’ve RSVP’d will be sent to student Ticketmaster accounts this week
Undergraduate seniors who are graduating must RSVP for Commencement by Monday, April 17, using the link provided to them in the email they received in their Marquette email account from University Special Events. The email was sent to all eligible students on Monday, Jan. 30.
As announced previously, due to the size of this year’s graduating class, venue capacity limits and the orientation of the stage within the venue, guest tickets will be required for the undergraduate Commencement ceremony on Saturday, May 20, at 9 a.m. at the Fiserv Forum. To ensure a fair and equitable process, each undergraduate student who will be attending the ceremony will receive up to four guest tickets via their Ticketmaster account, per the process below.
COMMENCEMENT TICKETING PROCESS
- Those who RSVP “yes” on the form to attend the ceremony will be given the option to select up to four tickets for guests. Ticket selections are locked in once a student submits the form; no changes to ticket selections will be allowed after the form is submitted.
- Tickets will be transferred automatically to students’ Ticketmaster accounts beginning the week of March 20 and updated weekly based on incoming RSVPs through the April 17 deadline. Upon receipt, tickets may be transferred to guests an unlimited number of times through the day of Commencement.
- Tickets are general admission only (i.e., not assigned). Seating will be first come, first served.
- Following the Fiserv Forum’s guidelines for Milwaukee Bucks and Marquette University men’s basketball games, children under 2 are not required to have their own ticket if they are sitting on the lap of a ticketed adult.
- Those who RSVP “no” waive access to any guest tickets. Students who select “no” can still attend Commencement if they change their minds later, but they will not be able to invite guests.
- Graduates must RSVP regardless of whether they plan to attend Commencement.
- Any undergraduate student who is eligible to graduate this spring who did not receive an RSVP email from University Special Events should contact their college dean’s office to verify their graduation eligibility.
The hard deadline to RSVP for attending Commencement is Monday, April 17, at 11:59 p.m.
Importantly, the Commencement ceremony RSVP process is entirely separate from the application for graduation process, which is handled by the Registrar’s Office. The deadline to apply for graduation is Saturday, April 29. Students must complete both processes.
Guest tickets for undergraduate Commencement will be automatically sent to students’ Ticketmaster accounts beginning the week of March 20 and updated weekly based on incoming RSVPs through the April 17 deadline. The sooner a student RSVPs, the sooner the student will receive tickets. Each student will receive the exact number of tickets selected in the RSVP form.
Once tickets are available in students’ Ticketmaster accounts, they may be transferred to their guests an unlimited number of times through the day of Commencement, Saturday, May 20. The process will be similar to attending Marquette Athletics events.
Beginning April 20, students who wish to receive up to two additional tickets will have the option to enter a random lottery. Details on the lottery process will be shared later this semester.
Reminders and updates will be shared directly with students and their families (provided parents/guardians have provided their email address), as well as via Marquette Today, leading up to Commencement.
All Commencement-related information, including the ticketing process, is available on the Commencement website.
Marquette’s 142nd undergraduate Commencement ceremony will be held Saturday, May 20, at 9 a.m. (doors open at 7 a.m.) at the Fiserv Forum, located at 1111 Vel R. Phillips Ave., Milwaukee.