Join Marquette Civic Dialogues on Monday, Feb. 27, from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. in AMU 163 to hear from an expert panel on the challenges facing local journalism, the opportunities for renewal and how the news media can empower communities and strengthen democracy.
The panel will include:
- Dr. Joshua P. Darr, associate professor of political communication in the Manship School of Mass Communication and Department of Political Science at Louisiana State University
- Dr. Johanna L. Dunaway, professor of political science at Texas A&M University and former Joan Shorenstein Fellow in the Shorenstein Center for Media, Politics, and Public Policy at Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government
- Matthew P. Hitt, Monfort Professor and associate professor of political science at Colorado State University
- Reggie Moore, director of violence prevention policy and engagement for the Comprehensive Injury Center at the Medical College of Wisconsin
- Ron Smith, instructor of practice of journalism and media studies in the Diederich College of Communication and executive director of the Milwaukee Neighborhood News Service