Following are the scheduled events as of Nov. 1:
- Innovation Kitchen: Tasting and Teaching with Chef Jessica Pamonicutt
- Wednesday, Nov. 2 | 11 a.m. and noon in AMU’s Innovation Kitchen
- Join Jessica Pamonicutt, an enrolled member of the Menominee Nation and founder of Ketapanen Kitchen in Chicago, for two sessions. A tamale hands-on demo will run at 11 a.m., with a wild rice demo and tasting following at noon. Register online.
- Soup with Substance with the Indigeneity Lab
- Thursday, Nov. 17 | Noon to 12:50 p.m. in AMU 157
- Native American Heritage Night with Marquette men’s basketball
- Thursday, Nov. 17 | 7:30 p.m. at Fiserv Forum
- Join as the men’s basketball team celebrates Native American Heritage Night during a game against Long Island University
Marquette’s rich history is incomplete without acknowledging the university’s location among the lands and waterways of the Milwaukee area’s Indigenous nations. Learn more about how the Marquette community has worked to honor and celebrate these connections to the area’s Native peoples and nations:
- Learn about Marquette’s Indigeneity Lab, which promotes Marquette’s Indigenous undergraduate students’ experiential learning through high-impact, faculty-mentored interdisciplinary research.
- Participate in Self-guided Indigenous Milwaukee Walk & Bike Tours, a collaboration between Historic Milwaukee, Inc. and Marquette University’s Indigeneity Lab, which explores the Indigenous roots of landmarks around the city.
- Read a reflection on our progress honoring Indigenous peoples and their native lands.
- Watch the Difference Maker video on Jacqueline Fontaine Schram, director of public affairs and special assistant for Native American affairs, to learn about her work connecting the university to its Indigenous roots and creating a nurturing environment for Indigenous members of the campus community.