Marquette seeks to create and maintain an environment that promotes health and healthy behavior for all of our students, faculty, staff and campus visitors. Because tobacco products have well-known health risks associated with their use and secondhand exposure that put all members of the Marquette community at risk, the university has a tobacco-free policy.
Faculty and staff: How Marquette’s Health and Wellness Plans Support Your Tobacco Cessation Goals
- Preventive/routine counseling for tobacco use is covered when seeing an in-network doctor (see plan for full details)
- For persons age 18 years and older, all FDA-approved tobacco cessation products are available at no cost. These include:
- Over-the-counter products, including nicotine patches, gum, and lozenges, nasal spray and inhalers. See plan for full details.
- Prescription medications. See plan for full details.
- The MyWellness program offers a free online tobacco cessation program UBreathe.
- The Employee Assistance Program is a benefit for all employees, spouses and dependents. It is free, 100% confidential and offers in-person or telephone sessions with Master’s-level counselors where employees can talk about a variety of concerns including tobacco-related issues.