The Office of Human Resources conducted a campus-wide Employee Engagement Survey of all faculty and staff from Feb. 15 to March 11, 2022, to identify key aspects of an employee’s work experience that support and enable people to perform at their best. This was an opportunity for employees to assess Marquette’s strengths and opportunities for improvement in several areas that affect job satisfaction and engagement.
Thank you to all who participated — our level of employee engagement has a direct link to student success, and we are best able to deliver on the university’s mission when we have engaged employees who help us make Marquette the best it can be.
Survey questions focused on the following categories:
- Strategy and Culture
- Employee Experience and Work Environment
- Overall Satisfaction Rating Chair/Direct Supervisor
- Overall Satisfaction Rating Marquette University
Responses were anonymous and results are being used to identify and address those areas of engagement which are strengths as well as those that are opportunities for improvement. A full report with the results and findings is available on the HR website. (On-campus access or VPN required.)
- Late-spring/early-summer: Department results will be distributed to each leader by an HR Business Partner.
- Summer/early-fall: Leaders are to review the results with their team and work together to create an action plan based on the results.
- Oct. 31: Action plans should be submitted to your HR Business Partner.
Survey results will be used to:
- Inform senior leadership on how to best align strategic planning resources to support engagement.
- Help department leaders facilitate conversations with employees to determine engagement priorities.
- Inform the enhancement of our performance management programs and practices.
- Identify problems that demotivate people, compromise job satisfaction, or diminish performance.
Please contact Wendy Butler, director of organizational development, with questions regarding the Employee Engagement Survey.