Four Marquette faculty members will be recognized with the university’s highest teaching honor, and one faculty member will be recognized for excellence in diversity and inclusion at the Père Marquette Dinner on Thursday, May 5.
A full recap of the event will be available on Marquette Today on Friday, May 6.
Teaching Excellence Award
The 2022 recipients of the Teaching Excellence Award are:
- Dr. Gerry Canavan, associate professor of English
- Dr. Khadijah (Gigi) Makky, clinical professor of Biomedical Sciences
- Tracey Sturgal, instructor of practice of Communication Studies
- Dr. Amber Young-Brice, assistant professor in the College of Nursing
Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion Award
Marquette’s Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion Award was established to recognize one faculty member and one staff member who demonstrate exemplary leadership and have shown an ability to put the ideals of diversity, equity and inclusion into practical action.
The 2022 Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion Faculty Award winner is:
- Dr. derria byrd, assistant professor of Educational Policy and Leadership
The Père Marquette event will take place starting at 5 p.m. in the Alumni Memorial Union. All full-time faculty are invited to this event.
The following faculty awards will also be briefly recognized:
- Haggerty Research Award, Way Klingler Early Career and Way Klingler Fellowship Awards
- Participating Faculty Research Award
- Marquette Core Curriculum Teaching Excellence Award
- Way Klingler Sabbatical Fellowship Award
- Way Klingler Teaching Enhancement Award
Register via Eventbrite by Tuesday, April 26.