Marquette men’s basketball is back in the NCAA Tournament, while the women’s basketball team will play in and host the first round of the WNIT.
Men’s basketball sendoff Tuesday at 1:30 p.m.
The men’s basketball team is making its 34th all-time tournament appearance and first under head coach Shaka Smart after securing an at-large berth. Marquette, a No. 9 seed, will face eighth-seeded North Carolina on Thursday, March 17, in Fort Worth, Texas.
The campus community is invited to a send-off for the team at the Al McGuire Center at 1:30 p.m. on Tuesday, March 15. The event will take place in the lobby and outside doors of the Al. Attendees can begin lining up at 1:15 p.m.
Tipoff for the men’s basketball tournament opener is set for 3:30 p.m. on Thursday. The game can be watched on TBS.
The university is staging multiple events throughout the week for those heading to Fort Worth. Text MarchWithMU to 313131 to opt-in for text alerts about Marquette events during the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament.
- Marquette men’s basketball open practice | 11:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Wednesday in Dickies Arena (1911 Montgomery St., Fort Worth)
- Round-trip shuttle transportation will be available starting at 11:15 a.m. between the Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel and Dickies Arena.
- Blue and Gold pregame celebration and team send-off | 1:30 p.m. Thursday at the Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel (1701 Commerce St., Fort Worth)
- $20 for adults 13 and older and FREE for children 12 and under. The one-time registration fee includes appetizers, beer, wine and soda and round-trip shuttle transportation to the game. Please note that a portion of the pregame reception registration fees will be considered a non-refundable gift to the Marquette Blue & Gold Fund. Parking is available in and around the hotel; for more information, visit the hotel’s parking page or the Downtown Fort Worth website.
- Lenten Mass (if Marquette wins vs. North Carolina) | TBD Saturday at Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel (1701 Commerce St., Fort Worth)
- Blue and Gold pregame celebration and team send-off (if Marquette wins vs. North Carolina) | TBD Saturday at Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel (1701 Commerce St., Fort Worth)
Women’s basketball hosting/playing in WNIT
The women’s basketball team will face Ball State on Wednesday, March 16, at 7 p.m. in the Al McGuire Center. The squad is making its 10th appearance in the WNIT, which consists of 64 teams competing from March 16 to April 2.
After finishing the 2021-22 campaign with a 21-10 overall mark, the Golden Eagles automatically qualified for the WNIT as the top-seeded BIG EAST team to not make the NCAA Tournament. Marquette won the tournament in 2008 with an 81-66 win over Michigan State and made a run to the championship game two years prior in 2006.
Tickets for the first round will be available to the general public starting at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, March 15th. Season ticket holders will receive a separate email on how to purchase tickets.