The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT), is scheduled to begin preventative maintenance on I-43 and overhead bridge structures, between Wisconsin Avenue and Walnut Street.
The Kilbourn Tunnels, just northeast of campus, are expected to be closed for approximately four months, starting Monday, March 29, at 5 a.m. Motorists should utilize 6th Street and Fond Du Lac Avenue to get around the closure. View the map for additional construction information.
Additionally there will be a concrete bridge deck overlay and painting on the 12th Street bridge over WIS 145 (Fond du Lac Avenue), polymer overlays on 11 bridges over I-43, and rehabilitation of the Kilbourn Avenue tunnels. Construction is scheduled to be completed early fall 2021.
The following work is scheduled to take place in 2021:
- I-43 NORTH exit ramp to Kilbourn Avenue to close early spring through late summer
- Kilbourn Avenue entrance ramp to I-43 NORTH to close early spring through late summer
- 12th Street, between Walnut Street and Cherry Street, to close spring through summer
- Through early fall, there will be overnight lane closures of:
- I-43, between Wisconsin Avenue and Walnut Street
- Local road bridges over I-43, between Wisconsin Avenue and Walnut Street