Updated 2/16/21, 11:35 a.m.
Just as with our weekday and Sunday Masses at this time, there is a capacity limit due to maintaining social distancing COVID-19 health and safety protocols. The signup for Ash Wednesday services and Masses for Feb. 17 is currently full.
The Archdiocese of Milwaukee has instructed with a “one time exception…to accommodate social distancing” to distribute ashes at our Thursday (10 p.m.) and Friday (noon) Masses in the Chapel of the Holy Family. Those signups are not yet full and can be accessed here: Marquette University Mass Schedule & Signup. Students looking to participate in Ash Wednesday Masses are encouraged to tune in to the live streams for the noon, 4 p.m. and 9 p.m. Masses on the Mission at Marquette Facebook page. Additionally, the 7:30 p.m. Ash Wednesday service will be live streamed on the @ignitemarquette Instagram.
Marquette Campus Ministry will host multiple Ash Wednesday services, Wednesday, Feb. 17.
Ashes will also be distributed during Campus Ministry’s regularly-scheduled 10 p.m. Thursday Mass, as well as the Friday noon Mass.
Adhering to current COVID-19 health and safety protocols, the distribution of ashes will look different this year.
As Bishop Haines notes, “The experience will be a bit different this year, but we are still receiving ashes and we are still being asked to repent and believe in the Gospel.”
Online sign up is available for an in-person spot at the following Ash Wednesday services:
- 10 a.m. | Ecumenical Prayer Service for Ash Wednesday in the Chapel of the Holy Family in the Alumni Memorial Union
- Noon | Ash Wednesday Mass in the Chapel of the Holy Family in the AMU
- 4 p.m. | Ash Wednesday Mass in the Chapel of the Holy Family in the AMU
- 7:30 p.m. | Ash Wednesday Prayer Service with Distribution of Ashes in the Chapel of the Holy Family in the AMU, sponsored by Ignite Marquette
- 9 p.m. | Ash Wednesday Mass at the Church of Gesu