Marquette ADVANCE will host a virtual discussion titled “What would an ideal family-friendly higher-ed institution look like?” on Friday, Feb. 12, from noon to 1 p.m.
Marquette ADVANCE, or the “Marquette University Advocates and Allies (A&A) Men Faculty Gender Equity Initiative” seeks to intentionally involve male faculty in institutional change to transform departmental cultures and practices with respect to issues of gender equity, particularly in units with very few women.
Those who attend this virtual event will hear from various members of the Marquette community through a panel conversion.
- Dr. Jeanne Hossenlopp, vice president of Research and Innovation and professor of chemistry
- Prof. Andrea Schneider, professor, director of the Institute for Women’s Leadership and director of Law School Dispute Resolution Program
- Dr. Kristina Ropella, Opus Dean of the Opus College of Engineering and professor of biomedical engineering
- Dr. John Grych, ADVANCE advocate and professor of psychology
- Dr. Canan Bilen-Green, professor and vice provost for Faculty and Equity at North Dakota State University