With the announcement last week that the Democratic nominee for president will no longer travel to Milwaukee to accept the nomination, the remaining convention-related guests who were planning to stay in the university’s residence halls have canceled. There will be no guests staying on campus during the convention, which is slated to take place virtually Aug. 17-20. As previously communicated, there will also be no convention-related events on campus.
Since protests are still expected to occur in the city during the week of the convention, the following campus security procedures will remain in place:
- Campus buildings (except the AMU) will be locked and will require MUID access from Aug. 10 – 21.
- Employees and students on campus are asked to display their MUIDs.
- The university will utilize Marquette Today updates if there are any changes to traffic patterns or other areas around campus related to the convention.
- The university will utilize its text and email safety alert system to notify the Marquette community of any active threats to campus.
- The Milwaukee Police Department will utilize Twitter as its main source for sharing information. Follow @DNC_Security to stay informed.
- As always, please report any suspicious incidents to the Marquette University Police Department using the non-emergency line: (414) 288-6800.
- To report an emergency, dial 911 or call MUPD’s emergency line: (414) 288-1911.