Beyond MU: Lifelong Learning will host a webinar titled “M is for Mentor: Five Tips for Building Successful Mentoring Relationships and Programs” on Tuesday, Jan. 23, at noon.
Mentoring has many benefits, but how is success measured and what makes a good mentor or mentee? How can programs be created with productive and sustaining results? In 2013, the Marquette University Alumni Association piloted Marquette Mentors, matching student mentees with alumni nationwide based upon major and career interest. It was met with overwhelming success. Today, Marquette Mentors is an international award recipient that’s recognized as the gold standard in higher education by the Council and Advancement for Support of Education (CASE). There have been more than 1,200 mentor-mentee matches with alumni mentors from Alaska to London.
Join current mentors and mentees in Marquette Mentors during National Mentoring Month to learn about their own mentoring experiences, including why there’s a mentor retention rate of more than 95% and why mentees pledge to return as mentors following graduation. Don’t miss this session if you’re interested in creating valuable mentoring and mentee relationships, identifying a mentor or exploring a workplace mentor program.
The webinar will feature:
- Fabiola Boche, H Sci ’08, Grad ’09, physician assistant
- Ahmoni Gonzalez, arts student at Marquette University
- Jacqueline Hackmon, Arts ’16, strategic product manager, Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Steve Rushin, Jour ’88, Hon ’07, author and sportswriter
- Moderator: Dan DeWeerdt, Radtke Director of Marquette Mentors and senior director of Alumni Engagement at Marquette University