Be sure to read a more thorough offering of safety tips and resources provided by MUPD.
With Christmas and winter break nearly here, the Marquette University Police Department has tips to protect your belongings and stay safe when Christmas shopping.
- Protect your packages.
- Be sure to secure any doors leading to a communal mail area and do not allow unknown persons to tailgate through a secured door.
- Have your Amazon packages delivered to one of two Amazon Lockers on campus to secure your delivery until you are able to collect it.
- Do not leave valuable items or packages visible in your unattended car. Store loose items out of sight or in the trunk to make your vehicle less of a target.
- Lock your doors. This applies to your residence and your call. Avoid being the victim of a crime of opportunity.
- Read more on preventing package theft this Christmas season.
- Vacant house watch. During academic breaks, MUPD offers the Vacant House Watch program to students residing in the near-off-campus neighborhood. Students can use this form to register their residences with MUPD before leaving campus for winter break. During break, officers monitor vacant residences during their routine patrols of the neighborhood.
- Conduct in-person transactions for online buying/selling at MUPD: The lobby of MUPD is available as a safe place for completing transactions of items bought and sold online. For your safety, all transactions that originate in online marketplaces such as Craigslist or Facebook should be conducted at your local police stations. MUPD is located at 749 N. 16th St., between Wisconsin Avenue and Wells Street.
For a comprehensive list of safety tips, visit the MUPD Safety Tips website.