The Marquette DREAMers student organization and campus partners will host the first Undocu-Ally Week on campus Oct. 23-27. This series of programs is designed to raise awareness of the challenges that Dreamers face and to celebrate their accomplishments. Activities include:
- Paint monarch butterflies and talk about their symbolism and connection to immigration with members of the Marquette DREAMers E-Board
- Monday, Oct. 23 | 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. in CLSI (AMU 137)
- Pizza will be provided
- Soup with Substance: Understanding the Dreamer Experience
- Tuesday, Oct. 24 | Noon to 12:50 p.m. in AMU 227
- Featured soup is pozole (both meat and vegetarian options)
- Movie screening: “La Misma Luna”
- Tuesday, Oct. 24 | 8 p.m. in Weasler Auditorium
- Popcorn and soda will be provided
- Cafe con Leche: Check-in with Dreamers and Allies
- Wednesday, Oct. 25 | 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. in 707 Building 130D
- Coffee and sweet bread will be provided (Spanish speakers and learners are all welcome)
- Know Your Rights training
- Thursday, Oct. 26 | 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. in AMU 252
- Includes sweet treats. Dreamers and allies are encouraged to attend.
- Noche de Sueños Sin Fronteras – a meal and gallery walk in celebration of Dreamers’ resilience
- Friday, Oct. 27 | 4 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. in the 707 Hub
- This event is open to all.
Additionally, there will be Dreamers T-shirts and stickers for sale to benefit the Ignacio Ellacuria, S.J. Dreamers Scholarship at the following times and locations:
- Monday, Oct. 23, 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on the AMU 2nd floor
- Wednesday, Oct. 25, 9 a.m. to noon in the AMU outside of the Brew
- Friday, Oct. 27, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the AMU outside of the Brew
Additionally, save the date for the ninth annual Dreamers Gala: Tuesday, March 19, 2024.