Marquette Athletics will implement a clear bag policy for all on-campus home events at the Al McGuire Center and Valley Fields, beginning Wednesday, Nov. 1.
The policy, designed to provide a safer environment at home events and expedite entry into competitions, aligns with protocols at event venues in the greater Milwaukee area and at fellow BIG EAST institutions. The guidelines will be utilized at volleyball, women’s basketball, men’s and women’s soccer and men’s and women’s lacrosse events moving forward.
“We are committed to providing a high-quality environment for all individuals attending our events and the safety of everyone in attendance, including our student-athletes, is our primary focus,” Vice President and Director of Athletics Bill Scholl said. “We appreciate in advance the cooperation of our patrons and will make every effort to make the implementation of the policy as smooth as possible.”
- Fans planning to attend events on campus are encouraged to leave all bags at home, but smaller items like clutch purses, totes and belt bags will be allowed.
- Fans may continue to carry approved items without a bag [e.g., binoculars, cameras and smart phones) into the venue.
- Fans may use only approved bags for Marquette Athletics events at the Al McGuire Center/Valley Fields and ensure items placed into the clear bag are permissible.
- Fans will have the option to purchase a clear, clutch bag at the ticket office or can receive a clear gallon bag free of charge.
- Prohibited items will not be held by Marquette Athletics during the event.
- Bags that are clear and do not exceed 12” long by 12″ high by 6” wide
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag
- Small clutch purses, with or without a handle or strap, not exceeding 4.5” by 6. 5”
- Small belt bags/fanny packs
- Exceptions will be made for medically necessary bags after inspection at any entrance
- Purses or bags larger than a clutch bag
- Diaper bags (unless accompanied by a child)
- Luggage of any kind
- Computer bags, camera bags or binocular cases
- Animals (Unless a documented service animal)