The Writing Innovation Symposium (WIS) Steering Committee is now accepting proposals.
The WIS is an annual regional event with national reach. Each year, it gathers over 100 writers and writing educators on campus to talk about writing and writing education. This year’s symposium will take place Feb. 1-2. The theme is “Writing Human/s.” Participants spend time affirming, exploring, questioning and contending what it means to write and to be a writer, especially right now.
All members of the campus community are invited to propose five-minute flashtalks, 75-minute workshops, posters and displays that address the symposium theme. Full details are available here; the submission portal is open through Friday, Oct. 27.
Undergraduates are especially encouraged to contribute by sending up flares or three-minute prerecorded perspectives on writing. Full details are also available here; flares are due Friday, Dec. 15.
Send questions to WIS Chief Capacitator Dr. Jenn Fishman or members of the steering committee:
- Kelsey Otero, Marquette
- Maxwell Gray, Marquette
- Lilly Campbell, Marquette
- Jenna Green, Marquette
- Gitte Frandsen, Marquette
- Holly Anderson, UW-Milwaukee
- Kayla Urban Fettig, UW-Milwaukee
- Aleisha R. Balestri, Du Page
- Darci Thoune, UW-La Crosse
- Jennifer Kontny, Mount Mary
- Jessie Wirkus Haynes, Bellin
- Patrick W. Thomas, Dayton
- Seán McCarthy, James Madison