October is Campus Sustainability Month. There are many ways to improve your own health and wellness while supporting sustainability efforts in our community. Learn more about sustainability on campus by attending one of the following sustainability events below. Participation in GROW classes or steps taken can be tracked for points in the My Wellness Portal.
National Car Free Week: Monday, Oct. 2, through Sunday, Oct. 8
- Pledge to go car free this week. Sign up for the challenge here.
GROW with Marquette – Working Sustainably at Marquette | Tuesday, Oct. 3, from noon to 1 p.m. in AMU 448
- Whether you are new to Marquette or have been here awhile, there are several actions you can take to reduce your ecological footprint on the planet as a member of our community. Learn about the different resources available on and off campus to live and work more sustainably.
- Register online.
Care for Creation Reflection & Social | Wednesday, Oct. 4, from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. in the AMU Lunda Room
- The Faber Center and Sustainable Marquette invite you to this afternoon gathering. As we remember the feast of St. Francis of Assisi and his tremendous love for creation, we come together to reflect on our own relationship with the natural world. Join for this informal gathering. Wine and cheese and other refreshments will be served.
- Register online.
Campus Sustainability Walking Tour | Friday, Oct. 12, from noon to 1 p.m. (Meet at the Service Building at 1404 W. Clybourn St.)
- Join Marquette’s sustainability and energy management coordinator on a walking tour of campus that will feature important sustainability and environmental features. The tour will last approximately one hour and cover less than a mile with multiple stops.
- No registration is required.
Follow along with Marquette’s sustainability efforts here.
As a reminder, the 2022-23 My Wellness program ends on Friday, Sept. 29. Track all activities by that date, as Marquette cannot go back and add points. Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions.