Homecoming will take place Saturday, Sept. 23, through Sunday, Oct. 1. This year’s festivities are aligned with the annual Family Weekend, which will run from Sept. 29 through Oct. 1.
Students, faculty, staff, alumni, parents and community members are invited to enjoy food, music and entertainment throughout the week. More information is available on the Homecoming website.
Saturday, Sept. 23
- Homecoming Kick-off Block Party | 4 p.m. on 12th Street outside the Al McGuire Center
- Enjoy food, music and games leading up to women’s volleyball’s 6 p.m. match with Georgetown at the Al McGuire Center.
Tuesday, Sept. 26
- Splash of Spirit | 11 a.m. on Eckstein Common (between AMU and Schroeder Hall)
- Create DIY spirit gear, including popular MU bucket hats.
Wednesday, Sept. 27
- Performance by comedian Sohrab Forouzesh | 8 p.m. at Weasler Auditorium
- Sohrab Forouzesh is a Chicago comedian/writer known for his rapid-fire delivery and his down-to-earth relatability. His material is influenced by his experiences growing up as an immigrant in America.
Thursday, Sept. 28
- Glow Bingo | 9 p.m. in AMU Monaghan Ballrooms
- Glow Bingo will include an assortment of cool prizes and guest callers.
Friday, Sept. 29
- Men’s soccer vs. St. John’s | 7 p.m. at Valley Fields
- Shuttles will transport attendees from campus to the game, departing from the Annex. The game is free to attend.
Saturday, Sept. 30
- Marquette Service Project | 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at Pulaski Park Pavilion (2677 S. 16th St.)
- Marquette’s Young Alumni Association is partnering with the Arrupe Center for Community Service and Social Responsibility and the Burke Scholars Program to bring young alumni and current students together in service to support Milwaukee neighborhoods through the Sixteenth Street Community Health Center. Attendees will help to winterize the Community Garden beds, clean up Pulaski Park and assist with graffiti removal and repainting. Register online.
- Homecoming Carnival | Noon to 4 p.m. at Westowne Square
- Join for games, inflatable attractions, food and more. Sign the participant waiver in advance of attending and get your wristband at one of the check-in tables on that day.
Sunday, Oct. 1
- Brewers vs. Cubs watch party | 2 p.m. in the Union Sports Annex
- Food will be provided while supplies last.