Blue & Gold Brewing LLC, a student-run business venture launched as part of an undergraduate applied learning program, is seeking student venture associates to work on both its upcoming beer and coffee projects. This program is supported by Marquette University’s Innovation Alley.
Hired venture associates are responsible for managing the development, promotion, and launch of a 2023-24 Blue & Gold Brewing product (either beer or coffee) in collaboration with alumni-owned and/or Milwaukee-based business owners as well as managing the Blue & Gold Brewing LLC student-run business.
Employees will work in partnership with project leaders, product experts and team members to select flavor profiles, names, package designs and marketing/sales strategies for their team’s product. The application, along with more information, is available on Handshake. Students from all majors are invited to apply before Friday, Sept. 15.
Blue & Gold Brewing will host two recruiting events for students to learn more about open positions and upcoming projects:
- Beer Team Recruitment Event: Tuesday, Sept. 5, from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. in O’Brien Hall 150B
- Coffee Team Recruitment Event: Thursday, Sept. 7, from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. outside of Raynor Library
Blue & Gold Brewing was formed in 2022 and partnered with three Milwaukee-area craft breweries to release ’77 Golden Ale on Feb. 4, National Marquette Day. In June, Blue & Gold Brewing announced a partnership with Stone Creek Coffee — a local “farm to cup” coffee roastery for over 30 years — to develop a Marquette-affiliated coffee product to be released in winter 2023.
- Must be an undergraduate student of sophomore standing or higher at Marquette for the 2023-2024 academic year
- Must have a cumulative GPA of at least a 2.00
- Must be least 21 years of age (Beer team only)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States