The Marquette University community looks forward to celebrating the many accomplishments of the Class of 2023 during Commencement Weekend, May 19-20. As we near this special time for our graduating students, we wanted to share a few reminders.
As always, this and other Commencement information, including ticketing, parking, venue policies and more, are available on the Commencement website.
- Baccalaureate Mass will be held Friday, May 19, at 3:30 p.m. at the Al McGuire Center on campus. The Mass, at which all graduating Marquette students and their guests are welcome, will be followed by a reception hosted by President Michael R. Lovell and the Marquette Jesuit community.
- Marquette’s 142nd Commencement ceremony will be held Saturday, May 20, at the Fiserv Forum, located at 1111 Vel R. Phillips Ave., Milwaukee. The undergraduate ceremony will be at 9 a.m. on May 20; the Graduate School and Graduate School of Management ceremony will be later that day at 2 p.m. The School of Dentistry, Law School and College of Health Sciences’ professional programs will hold separate ceremonies and will not be part of the Fiserv Forum ceremonies.
- Guest tickets are required for entry into the 2023 undergraduate Commencement ceremony; all guests will need to provide a digital ticket. For easy access to digital tickets, download the Marquette Gameday app. For more information on how to utilize digital ticketing, please reference this Marquette Digital Ticketing video. While tickets include seat numbers, the event is general admission. There is no assigned seating.
- Links to the livestreams of both the undergraduate and graduate ceremonies are available on the Commencement website.
Please transfer tickets to your guests prior to the day of Commencement. Once tickets are transferred, the guest is the valid ticketholder.
- For details on transferring tickets, please see further instructions using this link to Ticketmaster.
- For details on accepting transferred tickets, please see further instructions using this link to Ticketmaster.
Fiserv Forum does not accept tickets printed in PDF format. All ticket holders arriving with a PDF ticket will be asked to use their digital ticket to gain entry.
- Academy Award-winning actress Marlee Matlin will serve as Marquette’s undergraduate Commencement speaker. Read more about Matlin’s special connection to Marquette in this 2023 Commencement Series feature story.
Congratulations, Class of 2023!