Four Marquette faculty members will be recognized with the university’s highest teaching honor, and one faculty member will be recognized for excellence in diversity and inclusion at the Père Marquette Dinner on Thursday, May 4.
A full recap of the event will be available on Marquette Today on Friday, May 5.
Teaching Excellence Award
The 2023 recipients of the Teaching Excellence Award are:
- Kathleen Lukaszewicz, clinical associate professor of physical therapy
- Bryan Rindfleisch, associate professor of history
- Albert Rivero, professor of English
- Melissa Shew, teaching associate professor of philosophy
Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion Award
Marquette’s Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion Awards were established to recognize one faculty member and one staff member who demonstrate exemplary leadership and have shown an ability to put the ideals of diversity, equity and inclusion into practical action.
The 2023 Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion Faculty Award winner is:
- Lillian Campbell, associate professor of English
The Père Marquette event will take place starting at 5 p.m. in the Alumni Memorial Union. All full-time faculty are invited to this event.
The following faculty awards will also be briefly recognized:
- Marquette Core Curriculum (MCC) Teaching Excellence Award
- Way Klingler Teaching Enhancement Award
Full-time faculty should register via Eventbrite by Tuesday, April 25.