The Department of Languages, Literatures and Cultures will host an open house on Wednesday, March 22, at 5 p.m. in Lalumiere 232.
Meet with faculty and students, find out about courses for fall 2023, explore study abroad options and listen to Dr. Michael Turcios, former Mitchem Fellow, speak about video research.
Healthy refreshments will be served. Attendees are welcome to come and go at any time and eat during presentations.
Schedule of events:
- 5 p.m. — Meet and greet
- 5 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. — “Insurgent Film Culture in 1970s Arab France” by Dr. Michael Anthony Turcios, faculty in the screen cultures program in the Department of Radio/Television/Film at Northwestern University
- A specialist in histories of anticolonial, antiracist, and reparative justice, Turcios researches nontheatrical film and media and non-traditional film ephemera such as community newspapers and labor movement flyers.
- 5:30-5:40 p.m. — “Study abroad fellowships and opportunities” by Megan Pavlic of the Office of International Education
- 5:40-5:50 p.m. — “Language courses in the core, culture courses taught in English or bilingually in 2023-24” by Eugenia Afinoguénova, Chair of LLAC
- 5:50-6 p.m. — Advising Center (speaker TBD)
- 6-6:30 p.m. — Informal Q&A