Marquette University Student Government is hiring an elections coordinator. The elections coordinator serves as an assistant to MUSG’s legislative vice president.
The person in this position is responsible for being the chair of the Elections Committee and finding the committee members (at least three) and convening the committee when needed.
They are additionally responsible for the coordination of all MUSG elections and student referenda in accordance with the MUSG election rules. This includes:
- Approving candidate registrations and candidates’ publicity
- Corresponding with candidates
- Receiving and responding to any campaign/election rules violation allegation petitions
- Holding hearings (if necessary) related to campaign/election rules violation allegation petitions)
The elections coordinator is also responsible for coordinating the Presidential Ticket Debate. In collaboration, the MUSG advisor certifies the election results, leads the election press conference and announces the results.
- Cannot report to any officer officially involved in an active MUSG election
- Must be in good standing with the university (not on academic or disciplinary probation)
- The stipend is $400, and most work is during campaigning through election day (Feb. 19 – March 2)