The Graduate School will host Graduate Student Week with in-person and virtual events from Monday, Feb. 20, through Friday, Feb. 24.
The week includes events for self-care, socializing, career networking and finding funding, closing with the Three Minute Thesis competition.
A complete list of events can be found on the Graduate School website.
Monday, Feb. 20
- Coffee and Doughnuts, 8:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. in Zilber Hall 205
- Career Services Presentation, 4 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. virtually
- This short, virtual event is designed to help teach strategies for connecting with people and organizations graduate students would like to learn more about.
Tuesday, Feb. 21
- Meet the dogs of the Graduate School, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. in Zilber Hall 205
Wednesday, Feb. 22
- Graduate student poster session, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. in the AMU Monaghan Ballrooms
- This inaugural event will showcase and celebrate the top contributions from both doctoral and master’s student research across campus. Register to display a poster online.
Thursday, Feb. 23
- Introduction to grant writing and finding funding for graduate students, 11 a.m. to noon virtually
- Snack break, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. in Zilber Hall 205
- Stop by the Graduate School to grab a healthy snack, treat, soda or water.
Friday, Feb. 24
- Three Minute Thesis competition, 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. in the Weasler Auditorium
- Watch graduate students compete and present their research in three minutes or less using one slide and no animation. See who will walk away with a $500 prize. The winner will additionally represent Marquette in a regional Three Minute Thesis competition.
- Graduate Student Organization Happy Hour, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. in the Union Sports Annex