With Christmas approaching, the Marquette University Police Department is seeing an increase in area package thefts.
Here are some tips to protect your packages:
- Amazon Hub Lockers. Have your Amazon packages delivered to secure Amazon Lockers. The Marquette campus has two locations, with lockers located outside Cobeen Hall (1111 W. Wells Ave.) and at 7-Eleven (1624 W. Wells St.). You can also find additional Amazon Hub Locker locations.
- Use package tracking. Be sure to collect your packages as soon as you can by being up to date on the expected delivery time. Use tracking information from the U.S. Postal Service or any major delivery company to know when your package is due to arrive.
- Collect your package ASAP. When you know your package has been delivered, bring it inside your residence as soon as possible. Your package is vulnerable even in a secured apartment lobby.
- Ship your packages to another location. Consider having your packages delivered to your place of employment or the home of a friend, family member of neighbor who works from home or is otherwise home during the day.
- Ask a neighbor. A trusted at-home neighbor is also a valuable resource if you are unable to collect a package that you know has been delivered.