Center for Peacemaking grant opportunities available

Apply for a summer Rynne Research Fellowship ($3,500 awards) through the Center for Peacemaking by Sunday, March 1, 2023.

The Rynne Faculty Research Fellowships are intended to fund work for a two-month period during the summer. Faculty are encouraged to submit a research proposal that relates to any of the Center’s interdisciplinary priority research areas. The Center welcomes you to consider international as well as local research projects. If your proposal involves travel, you need to take account of the university’s travel policies.)

Please contact Rev. T. Michael McNulty, S.J., adjunct research faculty and scholar in residence in the
Center for Peacemaking, if you are interested in applying for a fellowship. Get more information and access the application online. 

Apply for research mini-grant

Applications accepted on rolling basis 

The Center for Peacemaking offers research grants of up to $300 for Marquette faculty to advance research on an aspect of nonviolent peacemaking. These funds can be used for faculty research expenses or to hire a student research assistant. Please complete the appropriate application below. 

Faculty research expenses: to help faculty complete a specific portion of their research or project. The Center will consider other scholarship-related expenses such as the cost of presenting at a conference. The funds cannot be used to pay for the salary of a faculty member or to reimburse an expense that has already been incurred. Get more information and access the application online. 

Student research assistant: to pay a Marquette student to help you complete a specific portion of your research or project. Possible roles of students include transcription, coding, editing, conducting interviews, compiling data, translation, etc. The student will be hired by the Center for Peacemaking and will complete an agreed-upon work plan developed by the applicant. Get more information and access the application online. 

Please contact Rev. T. Michael McNulty, S.J. with any questions about the research mini-grants.