Marquette and Kohler Company have partnered to launch the inaugural M-Prize Challenge, a pitch competition for Marquette students.
The M-Prize Challenge is modeled after Kohler Company’s Good I-Prize competition, which since 2018 has invited over 40,000+ associates around the world to propose revolutionary innovations and solutions for pressing global social and environmental issues. Following a “Shark Tank-style” format, teams develop and pitch viable business ideas to a team of executive judges for the chance to win incubation funding and for their idea to advance into the I-Prize incubator for further iteration the following year.
Students will apply for the M-Prize Challenge as individuals. 30 students will be accepted and split into six multidisciplinary teams during Innovation Day at Kohler on September 30. Applications can be submitted online until Monday, Sept. 26, at noon. Any Marquette student can apply – no design experience necessary.
This year’s theme is “Designing for Inclusivity.” Kohler Company challenges students from all colleges to develop and pitch their own unique ideas for how to make kitchen and bathroom design more inclusive for all.
- Spend a day at Kohler, named the 10th best workplace for innovators 2022
- Join a community of innovators – peers, Kohler mentors and professors driven to make a difference
- Apply your passion to learn about and develop innovative solutions to real world problems
- Learn and navigate the challenges of start-ups; from idea, to concepts, to business case development, fund raising and eventually launch
- Build your resume and develop skills employers seek, including self-development, critical thinking, problem solving, design, inclusion/equity, leadership, professionalism, teamwork and communication
- Become the 2022 M-Prize winner for inclusive kitchen or bathroom design
- Receive LinkedIn recommendation from Kohler mentors
- Get included in press releases, social media and articles about the M-Prize Challenge
- Friday, Sept. 23: Applications deadline
- Tuesday, Sept. 27: Applicants notified of acceptance to M-Prize Challenge
- Friday, Sept. 30: Innovation Day at Kohler, including transport and an excused absence from class
- Saturday, Oct. 1, through Friday, Nov. 4: Student teams work on inclusive design idea guided by a Kohler mentor
- Friday, Nov. 2: M-Prize teams pitch practice
- Tuesday, Nov. 15: M-Prize teams pitch to judges at 707 Hub
Contact Innovation Alley with any questions.