The City of Milwaukee Health Department will host a COVID-19 vaccine and booster clinic in conjunction with an MU Medical Clinic flu vaccine clinic on Tuesday, Oct. 11, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the AMU Ballrooms. Students, faculty, staff and dependents can attend.
Moderna and Pfizer bivalent boosters and Pfizer primary series COVID-19 vaccines will be available. Additionally, influenza vaccines will be available.
Preregistration for COVID-19 vaccine and boosters can be done online. Although the Wisconsin Department of Health Services website will prompt you to make an appointment, no appointment is necessary since the clinic in the AMU Ballrooms is a walk-in clinic. You will receive an email from the WI Department of Health Services confirming registration and again prompting you to book an appointment, but you do not need to do so to attend the clinic in the AMU Ballrooms.
Preregistration is not needed for influenza vaccination. The AMU is hosting influenza vaccination clinics each Tuesday from Sept. 20 to Oct. 25.
COVID-19 Vaccination Recommendations
Primary Series — Everyone 6 months and older is eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine. The Primary Series includes one to three doses of Novavax, Moderna, Pfizer, or Johnson & Johnson
Booster Doses — Everyone 5 years and older is eligible for a booster dose
- Original monovalent Pfizer continues to be available for anyone 5-11 years old at least 5 months after their last primary series dose
- New updated mRNA boosters for 12 years and older
- Bivalent Pfizer Booster dose is available for 12 years and older at least 2 months after completion of a monovalent primary series or booster
- Bivalent Moderna Booster dose is available for 18 years and older at least two months after completion of a monovalent primary series or booster
- The CDC has updated booster recommendations. Individuals are considered up to date immediately after getting all recommended boosters. Read more on the CDC website.
COVID-19 vaccination for students
The primary series and booster are required for students. Upload proof of vaccination and booster online. Exemptions must be submitted to the Medical Clinic.
Student vaccine and booster FAQs are available online.
COVID-19 vaccination for faculty and staff
The primary series and booster are strongly encouraged for faculty and staff. Upload proof of vaccination and booster online.