The Republican National Committee recently announced it will hold its next nominating convention in Milwaukee during summer 2024. Exact dates for the convention have not been announced. Whether the dates chosen align with the university’s summer break will likely impact how involved the university can be in this bipartisan effort to bring economic development and positive reputational advancements to our region. We look forward to working with non-partisan and bipartisan partners throughout the city to ensure Milwaukee is positively represented on the national and international stage, both leading up to and during the convention.
A Convention Steering Committee has been created to lead the multi-faceted planning and execution of the university’s preparations for the City of Milwaukee hosting the convention. Similar preparations occurred in advance of the 2020 Democratic National Convention that was planned to be held in Milwaukee before being held virtually due to COVID-19.
The following individuals are part of the university’s Convention Steering Committee, which has begun regular meetings:
- Mary Czech-Mrochinski, senior director for public affairs – Co-chair
- Jean Dole, chief of staff in the Office of the Senior Vice President/Chief Operating Officer – Co-chair
- Lynn Griffith, assistant vice president of university communication – Co-chair
- Rana Altenburg, associate vice president of public affairs
- Rick Arcuri, executive director of business operations and auxiliary services
- Kate Braasch, chief of presidential affairs and VISIT Milwaukee board member
- Dr. Sarah Feldner, dean of the Diederich College of Communication
- Steve Frieder, senior advisor to the president and corporate secretary
- Edith Hudson, chief of the Marquette University Police Department
- Paul Jones, vice president, University Relations and general counsel
- Dr. Stephanie Quade, dean of students
- Lora Strigens, vice president for planning and facilities management
Watch Marquette Today or the convention website for updates regarding convention planning when the specific dates are announced.