As many students and faculty depart campus during the summer, COVID Cheq will automatically opt out certain groups of people from the daily reminders based on your primary role at Marquette – either student, faculty or staff.
Please note you are still expected to complete COVID Cheq daily until the end of spring semester. Daily symptom screening remains as a key step to reducing the spread of the virus.
As a reminder, whenever you’re on campus you are expected to complete COVID Cheq – whether through the daily reminder sent to you via text / email or through a Single Day Pass.
Different programs have slightly different timelines, so please review the below information to ensure you are appropriately set up to either continue receiving daily COVID Cheq push reminders or be opted out during the summer.
- Faculty: All faculty besides those who are teaching a summer class on campus will stop receiving daily COVID Cheq reminders after the last day of academic session for their college / program. Faculty who are on campus and who were unenrolled can opt in to COVID Cheq.
- Staff: Because most staff continue working through the summer, no changes will be made. You will continue receiving daily COVID Cheq reminders. COVID Cheq will not be sent during the summer Gift of Time (July 4-8).
- Note: some staff members from MUPD, Residence Life and Facilities will still receive COVID Cheq during the Gift of Time and will be expected to complete it.
- Graduating students: You will receive COVID Cheq through May 22 due to senior week activities and Baccalaureate Mass on campus.
- Students enrolled in summer classes: You will continue to receive the daily COVID Cheq. An opt-out option will be provided for students who are taking online classes only.
- Students living off-campus: You will stop receiving daily COVID Cheq reminders after the last day of academic session for your college / program.
- Students living in the residence halls: You will stop receiving daily COVID Cheq reminders after the last day of academic session for your college / program.
- Students who remain in the residence halls over the summer will continue receiving daily COVID Cheq reminders.
- Students living in University Apartments: No changes will be made. You will continue receiving daily COVID Cheq reminders. An option to opt out will be provided for students who are leaving campus over the summer.
- Student employees: You will still receive daily COVID Cheq reminders but will have the option to opt out if you are not working over the summer or are only working remotely. COVID Cheq will not be sent during the summer Gift of Time (July 4-8).
Please note, unless opted out, those individuals who have provided the university with their COVID-19 vaccination and booster information, once verified, will continue to automatically receive a green “cleared to come to campus” pass via email each day and are not required to complete the daily COVID Cheq screening. Any such individual who become symptomatic, will be required to resume daily symptom screening through COVID Cheq, self-isolate and get tested for COVID-19.
Anyone who is automatically opted out (regardless of vaccination status) will stop receiving daily emails unless they opt themselves back in.
If you have specific questions about opting in or out of COVID Cheq, email COVIDCheq_Info@marquette.edu.
More information on Marquette’s COVID-19 precautions and mask availability is available online.