This summer, Mission and Ministry will once again offer opportunities for faculty and staff to explore the foundations of our mission by reading together “Ignatian Humanism: A Dynamic Spirituality for the 21st Century.” So far, 13 groups have shared in this experience, learning more about our Jesuit/Ignatian heritage, connecting that heritage to contemporary issues facing the Marquette University community and the larger world, and building connections with colleagues from across the campus.
For perspectives from some of the participants, please check out the video clip below.
If you are interested in possibly taking part, some information might be helpful.
- Mission and Ministry will provide the book.
- All meetings are virtual unless the group decides otherwise.
- You can sign up for one of three time slots. If one slot is undersubscribed (less than 5), we will work with you to try to connect you to a larger group.
- Maximum group size is 10-12, including one or two Jesuits. If a time is oversubscribed, we will look at forming two groups.
- This is summertime. People will be taking vacations and might not be available for one or another meeting. That’s OK. We just ask that you give us a heads up when you won’t be there. If too few can attend a scheduled time, we can look to reschedule.
- Even if you have not finished the scheduled chapter, please come! You can still be part of the conversation with your colleagues.
Registration is available online. Please complete your registration by Monday, May 23. That will allow us to get you the books and to set up the meetings before the holiday weekend.
Thank you for considering this invitation. I hope to see you soon.
Jim Voiss, S.J.
VP for Mission and Ministry