The 2022 annual staff performance review process began on April 1. Please review the following for information on the timeline, merit process and online resources for conducting self and employee reviews.
The timing for this year’s process is:
- April 1-22: Employees complete their self-evaluations and the results section of the performance management form and send to their supervisors.
- April 25-May 23: Merit documents are sent to budget liaisons and supervisors. Supervisors should use performance management documentation to inform merit awards.
- May 1-31: Supervisors conduct performance review meetings and submit written reviews to employees. Reviews are to be completed, signed and sent to Human Resources by June 1.
- May 23-31: Vice presidents, deans and provosts review merit awards.
- June 1-8: Merit awards are reviewed by Finance and HR.
- June 20-July 1: Supervisors communicate merit awards to employees. Merit increases will be applied July 1.
The annual performance appraisal process is designed to support and develop employees by providing specific feedback on their goals and job responsibilities through both one-on-one conversations with their supervisor and a written appraisal document (the Performance Management Form).
Employees are asked to please complete the following required fields on the Performance Management Form:
- Theme or department goals that are linked to the individual goals/job responsibilities in the second column
- Goals (list in priority order) and/or job responsibilities
- End-of-year self-evaluation for each goal and/or job responsibility
- Employee description of what they have done to demonstrate Marquette’s mission and values this year
Employees may also complete these optional fields:
- Progress updates (may have been updated throughout the year)
- Overall summary
The appraisal process and conversation address not only the job content (the “what” of the role), but also how the work was accomplished. Providing employees with feedback on their job performance is critical in creating an engaged workforce that aligns with and delivers on the university’s strategy and goals while exemplifying our mission.
HR is available to conduct presentations on the performance management process for your leadership team. Please contact your HR business partner or email the department to schedule.