God’s strength carves paths for us to follow that we never expected, and yet are greater than we imagined.
Jerimiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Global Jesuit Feature Series: Global Jesuits open up about possibility: Emmanuel Ugwejeh, S.J. | by Faith at Marquette | Jan, 2022 | Medium
Schedule of Events
Check out the Mission Week website for a complete schedule of events
Wednesday, February 9
- Daily Examen with Fr. Jim Voiss, S.J. and Sheena Carey | 4 p.m. on the Mission at Marquette Instagram, @mumissionandministry
- One of the most famous prayers St. Ignatius developed was the Examen. In this practice, we have the opportunity to take time in thankful reflection to be with God and review our day. When we pause in prayer and reflection, we open ourselves to the possibilities of tomorrow. Join members of the Marquette community each day on Mission at Marquette Instagram during Mission Week.
- Ignite: Mission Week Bistro Night | 7:30 – 8:30 p.m. in the Alumni Memorial Union, Lunda Room
- Students will receive a free Italian buffet dinner while joining fellow students in conversation as current Jesuit Volunteers in Milwaukee reflect on what they have learned about generosity, solidarity and living with openness to possibilities while serving in Milwaukee.
- This event will also be livestreamed on Instagram.
Thursday, February 10
- Mission Week Spirit Wear Day
- Celebrate Mission Week by wearing your favorite Marquette swag and/or blue and gold! Also consider making a donation to the Bridge to the Future Fund to help support our student community.
- Catching Fire Breakfast | 7:45 – 9 a.m. at the Alumni Memorial Union and Virtual
- Mr. Vincent Lyles, Marquette University Board of Trustees member, will be our featured guest in our Mission Week Catching Fire Breakfast. Join other members of the Marquette and greater community as Mr. Lyles shares different experiences and features of his spiritual journey. As we hear his story, it gives us pause to consider our own and invites us to more wholehearted living.
- Register Here
- Jesuit Game Show | One hour group reservations from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. at the Alumni Memorial Union, Ballrooms
- Have you ever dreamt of being on a game show? Now is your chance! Take an hour of your day and join a group of friends, classmates, colleagues, or strangers at playing Jesuit Jeopardy, Wheel of Possibility, and Iggy Says! A new Jesuit Game Show Champion will be named each hour! Will it be you?
- Register Here
- Global Jesuit Exhibit and Luncheon Take-out | 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. at the Alumni Memorial Union, 2nd Floor Lobby
- While St. Ignatius of Loyola was a son of Spain, his founding of the Society of Jesus has led to the religious order sustaining ministries around the world. During Mission Week, visit an exhibit with interviews of Jesuits at Marquette. These features include those from other countries and Jesuits at Marquette University who have taken part in global ministries.
- Each weekday of Mission Week will feature a different country with a FREE takeout lunch to the first 150 participants.