The deadline to register for the next cohort of the Marquette Leadership Development Program is Tuesday, Feb. 15.
Facilitated by Human Resources, Marquette’s Leadership Development Program for staff aims to ensure the university’s employees have the knowledge, skills and abilities to go beyond boundaries and successfully lead teams to meet the university’s strategic goals and objectives.
- The program will now be open to emerging leaders — those who demonstrate high leadership potential — in addition to current supervisors. Marquette hopes to instill leadership competencies as early as possible while providing an opportunity for participants to learn from, mentor and coach each other.
- The program format includes mixed content delivery mechanisms (in-person and on-demand).
- Management content (specific to those with direct reports) has been separated from leadership content. Management content will be available on demand for all supervisors of staff later this spring.
- Additional in-person training sessions will be conducted at various times throughout the year to offer supervisors an opportunity for a deeper dive into the management content and to connect with subject matter experts.
- Leaders no longer need to nominate potential attendees, although you can encourage supervisors or emerging leaders on your team to participate.
- Supervisor approval is required to participate.
More detailed information including meeting dates and registration is available here.