Marquette’s long-standing Les Aspin Center for Government and Kleczka Programs provide experiential learning opportunities that jumpstart students’ careers and life paths. Hear from Les Aspin Center Founder and Director Rev. Timothy O’Brien, Ph.D., program alumni and faculty about the center’s impact, future plans and programming.
Nearly 3,000 students have gone on to careers in Congress, government agencies, public service organizations and private firms through the center’s semester-long political science program. Fr. O’Brien, faculty, and alumni will reflect on the importance of bringing the Marquette spirit into public affairs work.
The webinar will feature:
- Dr. Heidi Bostic, dean of the Klingler College of Arts and Sciences and the College of Education
- Rev. Timothy O’Brien, founder and director of the Les Aspin Center for Government
- Dr. Karen Hoffman, associate director of the Les Aspin Center for Government and adjunct associate professor of political science in the College of Arts and Sciences
- Alex Parets, Arts ‘08, senior advisor for sanctions modernization to the deputy secretary of the treasury and the undersecretary of the treasury for terrorism and financial intelligence
- Shannon Rohn Deere, Arts ‘13, manager at Leavitt Partners, LLC.
- Chris Murray, Arts ’95, coordinator of student programs and lecturer at the Les Aspin Center for Government
- Xavier Jenkins, Arts ‘18, Law ‘21, litigation attorney at Godfrey & Kahn, S.C.