Yesterday, Marquette University announced new COVID-19 mitigation efforts, including requiring booster shots for students and strongly encouraging them for faculty and staff. Students, staff and faculty who do not provide proof of booster will be subject to testing protocols.
All students who were granted an exemption from COVID-19 vaccination for medical, religious or personal conviction reasons do not need to seek a new exemption for the booster. They will continue to be required to participate in mandatory testing, which will be weekly instead of bi-weekly moving forward. Exempted students must also complete their daily COVID Cheq.
Uploading your proof of booster
Faculty, staff and students should upload proof of booster to the MU Medical Clinic portal by Feb. 1, 2022 or, based on eligibility, by:
- Five months after receiving a second dose of the Moderna vaccine
- Five months after receiving a second dose of the Pfizer vaccine
- Two months after getting the Johnson & Johnson vaccine
Steps to upload proof of booster:
- Log into the MU Patient Portal.
- Click on the “Immunizations” tab.
- Scroll down to the “Required” section to find the COVID-19 Vaccine. Use “Dose 3” as your booster dose.
- Enter the date of your booster under the appropriate brand of vaccine. Note: If you have received a WHO approved booster vaccine do not enter a date. Only upload documentation.
- Then click on the “Upload” tab in the menu. Scroll down to select the type of document to upload (COVID-19 Vaccine Record), and then click “Select File” to upload a copy of your updated vaccine card.
How to know if your vaccination or booster information uploaded correctly
- Log into the MU Patient Portal
- Click on the “Immunizations” tab and select “View History.” On that screen above the history listing, it should say “Overall Status: Verified.”
- Check that the copy of the vaccination card was uploaded correctly by navigating to the “Upload” tab. Scroll down to the bottom to see that your most recent COVID-19 Vaccine Record update is listed under “Documents already on file.”
- Finally, navigate to the “Messages” tab to see if you have a secure message from the Medical Clinic. More information would have been emailed here if your vaccination information had not been uploaded correctly. You also would have received an email to your Marquette email address that you have a secure message in the Patient Portal.