The College of Nursing will host a discussion on the Consensus Study from the National Academy of Medicine titled “The Future of Nursing 2020-2030: Charting a Path to Achieve Health Equity” on Thursday, Sept. 16, from 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m via Microsoft Teams.
- Michael Bleich, PhD, RN, NEA-BC, FAAN
Senior Professor and Director of the Langston Center for Innovation in Quality and Safety at Virginia Commonwealth University and committee member on the 2010 IOM Future of Nursing Report
- Dr. Bleich will provide an overview, context and inside information.
- Mary Beth Kingston, PhD, RN, FAAN
Chief Nurse Officer, Advocate Aurora Health
- Dr. Kingston will share her insight and perspective on what the report means for nursing practice at all levels, including APRN practice.
- Janet Wessel Krejci, PhD, RN, NEA-BC
Dean and Professor, Marquette University College of Nursing
- Dean Krejci will speak to the implications of this report for nursing education.