The team behind “Probiotics for the Management of Infantile Colic: A Systematic Review,” has been honored with the American Journal of Maternal and Child Nursing (MCN) Scholarly Review Paper of the Year 2021.
The paper was a collaboration between:
- Dr. Kristin Haglund, professor, College of Nursing
- Dr. Lisa Hanson, professor, College of Nursing
- Alissa Fial, research and instructional services librarian, Raynor Memorial Libraries
- Emma Weber, graduate student
- Jennifer Simonson, graduate student
The systematic review explores the evidence for administration of probiotics to prevent or decrease symptoms of colic.
Every year MCN awards three articles for paper of the year; one research, practice and scholarly review article are chosen for the honor.