Facilitated by Human Resources, Marquette’s Leadership Development Program (LDP) for staff aims to ensure our leaders have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to go Beyond Boundaries and successfully lead teams to meet the university’s strategic goals and objectives. COVID-19 caused the university to pause the program, but we are now happy to announce the launch of LDP version 2.0.
Key changes to the program include:
- The program will now be open to emerging leaders — those who demonstrate high leadership potential — in addition to current supervisors. We hope to instill leadership competencies as early as possible while providing an opportunity for participants to learn from, mentor and coach each other.
- The program format has been revised to include mixed content delivery mechanisms (in-person and on-demand).
- We’ve separated out management content (specific to those with direct reports) from leadership content. Management content will be available on demand for all supervisors of staff this fall.
- Additional in-person training sessions will be conducted at various times throughout the year to offer supervisors an opportunity for a deeper dive into the management content and to connect with subject matter experts.
- Leaders no longer need to nominate potential attendees, although you can encourage supervisors or emerging leaders on your team to participate.
- Supervisor approval is required to participate.
More detailed information is available on the Human Resources website. Register by Wednesday, Sept. 22.