The Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE) hosts Campus Sustainability Month through October. This annual event celebrates higher education sustainability achievements while raising awareness of the value of sustainability in higher education. To celebrate and kickoff a new year of sustainability advancements, Marquette will host the following events throughout the month:
Oct. 4-25: Donations
- Drop off gently used clothing, housewares, accessories and school supplies in the box outside the Office of Engagement and Inclusion, AMU 121.
Wednesday, Oct. 6: Celebrate Energy Efficiency Day!
- Stop by the second floor of the AMU from 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. for a chance to earn a free LED light bulb by signing the pledge to “Swap out the Bulb.” Learn more about Marquette’s commitment to emissions reduction and other ways to reduce energy.
Monday, Oct. 11: Sustainability 2.0 Conference
- Hosted by the College of Business Administration, top leaders in the field will discuss sustainable investments and funding. Learn more and register for the event online.
Wednesday, Oct. 13: Sustainability Office Pop-Up and Student Input
- Stop by the AMU second floor from 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. to learn about campus sustainability efforts, meet the sustainability office team and share ideas about initiatives, programs and classes.
Wednesday, Oct. 20: T-shirt to Tote Bag
- Learn how to transform an old t-shirt into a new tote bag at the AMU from 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Bring your own old shirt or use one provided.
Wednesday, Oct. 27: Get Thrifting!
- Thrift at the Marquette Free Store Pop-Up on the second floor of the AMU from 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Find a new outfits, fun kitchen gadgets and more. All leftover items will be donated.