In order to receive text messages from Marquette, you must make sure your phone number is listed in either CheckMarq (for students) or MyJob (for faculty and staff).
This data will be used for:
- Safety text alerts for when there is an active threat to campus or a weather related emergency
- COVID Cheq (if you signed up to receive daily text reminders)
- Note: those who have uploaded their vaccine card were opted out of COVID Cheq and do not need to complete the daily questionnaire
- Those who have not uploaded their vaccine information will initially receive daily email reminders, but you can request text reminders at any point during the semester via the first page of every day’s COVID Cheq screening. Changes to delivery method will take effect within 24 hours.
- Upload your vaccine card via the MU Patient Portal.
CheckMarq instructions for students:
- Go to the Profile tile – Contact Details in CheckMarq and insert your cell phone number. The phone number listed must be labeled as “mobile” in order to receive texts — if it’s listed as “home,” students won’t receive text reminders.
- The program Marquette uses to send safety alert texts to students does not allow parents to sign up to receive alerts directly. Parents who wish to get updates on safety alerts can visit MUPD’s Twitter account, @MarquettePD, where safety alerts are posted.
MyJob instructions for faculty and staff:
- Go to the “Personal Information” section of MyJob and insert your cell phone number. The phone number listed must be labeled as “mobile” in order to receive texts — if it’s listed as “home” you won’t receive text alerts.