Per the terms of the university’s vaccine exemption policies for medical, religious or personal conviction reasons, students who have been granted an exemption for any of these reasons will be required to do the following while enrolled in classes at Marquette:
- Complete the daily COVID Cheq screening process
- Participate in mandatory COVID-19 testing starting Aug. 30; you will be tested every other week and required to test only in the weeks to which you are assigned.
- Testing will occur at the Rec Center, Monday through Thursday between 7 a.m. and 11 a.m., with majority of appointments between 7 a.m. and 9 a.m.
- You will be notified via COVID Cheq and your Marquette email when you are required to test; a link will be provided to schedule the tests.
- Quarantine for 14 days if contact tracing determines you came into close contact with someone infected with COVID-19
- Adhere to any other campuswide protocols related to COVID-19 mitigation deemed necessary by the university
Exempted students who fail to attend and complete an assigned COVID-19 test will be:
- Prohibited from accessing any building or facility on Marquette’s campus until a test is complete
- Required to contact your faculty members to request accommodations where available during this time
- Assessed a $50 fine by the Marquette Medical Clinic for each missed testing appointment
- Referred to student conduct for a hearing to determine responsibility for failing to comply with a university directive, the outcome of which may extend interim provisions listed above and/or lead to further consequences
For more information about the student conduct process, please consult the online student handbook or email David Stockton, director of student conduct.
Exempted students may choose to get vaccinated for COVID-19 at any time. Those who get vaccinated should upload a proof of vaccination card via the Marquette Medical Clinic portal at mymedicalclinic.mu.edu as soon as possible. Those who do provide proof of vaccination will no longer have to complete COVID Cheq or participate in COVID-19 testing. More information on uploading proof of vaccination is available at marquette.edu/coronavirus.