Are you looking for a way to boost your mental and physical health?
Take a walk!
Walking is free, easy, requires virtually no equipment and can be done anywhere. Plus, walking has both physical and mental health benefits. So, slip on those sneakers and get moving!
- Boost your mental health: Aerobic exercise can have a positive impact on depression, anxiety, ADHD and your overall mood.
- Relieve stress: Walking triggers your body to release endorphins and helps to relax your muscles and ease tension.
- Improve your sleep: Walking regularly can help you sleep better (but don’t exercise too close to bedtime).
- Build your bones: Low-impact, weight bearing exercises like walking can help keep bones strong.
- Prevent heart disease: Regular brisk walking can lower your risk for heart disease and high blood pressure.
- Watch your weight: Walking burns calories, which can help you lose or maintain a healthy weight.
- Strengthen your muscles: Walking can help build muscle tone in your legs, hips and buttocks. It can also increase your endurance.
- Protect your heart and lungs: Exercise makes your heart and lungs stronger as they work harder to supply oxygen to your muscles.