The Department of Economics in the College of Business Administration will host the first annual Manufacturing Analytics Summit on Tuesday, April 27, from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Register via Eventbrite.
Southeastern Wisconsin and the Fox Valley house a thriving manufacturing sector that is adopting analytics to help reduce errors in manufacturing processes and increase efficiencies in supply chains. The summit will explore this maturing application of analytics and will feature speakers from Johnson Controls, Husco Manufacturing, Charter Steel, Rising Tides Analytics and Marquette University.
Topics that will be addressed include:
- The business case and rationale for implementing manufacturing analytics at Johnson Controls
- The intersection of factory floor analytics and digital culture at Husco Manufacturing
- State of the art robotics and industrial automation
- Dr. Joseph Schimmels, Robert C. Greenheck Chair in Design and Manufacturing, director of Flexible Assembly Systems Network Advanced Manufacturing Center, professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Jim Donahue, founder of Rising Tides Analytics
- Eric Hanson, global vice president — information technology
- Jasmeet Singh, director of Data, Apps & Cloud, Husco Manufacturing
With questions, contact Scott Rex, adjunct instructor of marketing.