The Humanities and Social Science Departments (English; History; Languages, Literatures, and Cultures; Philosophy; Political Science; Social and Cultural Sciences; and Theology) are hosting a virtual panel, “From Classes to Careers,” Wednesday, April 14, from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. via Zoom.
The panel will feature alums who are working in a range of fields and who are at different stages of their careers.
The panelists will offer career tips and reflect on their career paths and will also discuss how the skills they gained in their humanities and social sciences courses help them in their current work.
• Dylan Bain (History and Computer Science, 2004; M.Ed. 2007), corporate auditor and personal finance podcaster
• Lauren Demshar Abbott (Writing-Intensive English; minors in Psychology and Theology, 2008), psychotherapist for Froedtert and the Medial College of Wisconsin
• John Godfrey (Writing-Intensive English; minors in Italian and Psychology, 2019), Teach for America (Milwaukee)
• Kaitlin Johnstone (Sociology, Political Science & International Affairs, 2020), staff assistant in the United States Senate
• Bridget Norris (Political Science & International Affairs; minors in French and Economics, 2013), Peace Corps; currently pursuing a graduate degree in international conflict
• Hikeem Williams-Davis (Criminology and Law, Social Welfare and Justice, 2019), caseworker at Vivant Health
Register for the event online.
Those with questions should contact Dr. Melissa Ganz, associate professor of English.