On Tuesday, April 13, winners of the Haggerty Research Award, Way Klingler Early Career Award, Way Klingler Fellowship Award and Participating Faculty Research Award were honored at the virtual Distinguished Scholars Program.
Dr. William Donaldson, professor of chemistry, received the Lawrence G. Haggerty Award for Excellence in Research.
The following professors received the Way Klingler Fellowship Award:
- Ana Bedran-Russo, professor and department chair of general dental sciences
- Paul Gasser, associate professor of biomedical sciences
- James Marten, professor of history
- Richard Taylor, professor of philosophy
The following professors received the Way Klingler Early Career Award:
- Deanna Arble, assistant professor of biological sciences
- Derria Byrd, assistant professor of educational policy and leadership
- Jason Farr, assistant professor of English
- Matthew Hearing, assistant professor of biomedical sciences
- Stephanie Rivera-Berruz, assistant professor of philosophy
Dr. Claire Kirchhoff, clinical associate professor of biomedical sciences, received the Participating Faculty Research Award, a new award this year intended to recognize research/scholarship accomplishments of non-tenure track faculty at Marquette. This new award was developed as part of the work of the Participating Faculty Task Force in partnership with the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs