The Kohler Center for Entrepreneurship, the Social Innovation Initiative and Brady Corporation are hosting the “Brewed Ideas Challenge” on Friday, April 23.
Presentations begin at 1 p.m. and winners will be announced by 4:30 p.m.
Registration for the event on Eventbrite.
Student entrepreneurs will pitch their ideas on a virtual stage for a chance to win a share of $23,000. Ten finalists will compete in one of two tracks: social venture and traditional business. The finalists are mentored by leaders at Brady Corporation and are participating in virtual workshops led by the 707 Hub leading up to the live pitch event.
The 2021 finalist ideas include:
- Chocolate Truffles and Chocolate Bars, founded by Marc Minani
- Community.Books.You, founded by Julie Aleman and Wendy Perez
- Etombi Foundation, founded by Nahome Moussa
- Marquette Yard Sale, founded by Carlos Gonzalez
- My Momentum, founded by Jordan Schmid and Stu Roche
- Nugeni, founded by Erin Nugent
- Olympus Labs, founded by Christopher Lindsay, Javon Colvin-Hatchett, and Emma Gallipoli
- Puzzle Prep Meal Containers, founded by Jonathon Silvers
- Small World Podcast, founded by Zoya Shams, Amanda Meegan, Jake Haddad, and Gia Burgos
- Studente Atleta, founded by Oliver Posarelli
Those with questions should contact Kelsey Otero, associate director for social innovation.