Results from the Spring 2021 Student Academic Experience Survey are now available online.
The 2020-21 Academic Experience Surveys are a set of surveys administered across the academic year to students and instructors to better understand their experiences teaching and learning during the 2020-21 academic year.
The goal of the surveys is to gather information about and quickly react to improve the academic experience throughout each term.
Each survey asked questions about various topics including:
- Access to technology and resources
- Challenges with instruction and instructional tools
- Experiences with various instruction modes
- Concerns covering a range of topics
- Perceptions of health and safety
- Belonging and climate
- Experiences with course instructors (for students)
The surveys are not course specific; each individual receives one survey.
Key takeaways are posted to the Institutional Research and Analysis website.
About 14% of students responded to the Spring 2021 Academic Experience Survey. Survey results are under review by a small team faculty, staff and students.
Recommendations are being communicated to the COVID-19 Academic Planning Group, the Academic Deans Council and the Provost’s Cabinet for action and implementation.